Mpumi was previously Chief Director in the Gauteng provincial government. During her more than 10 years in the Bidvest Group, she has held various senior management and executive board director positions such as general manager business development, divisional director business development, corporate affairs director and sales and marking director. Mpumi is a Board Director of 16 Bidvest subsidiary companies, a Board Director of Adcock Ingram and a Board Director of Business Leadership South Africa.
- Choiseul 100 Africa – Ranked in the Top 200 young Africa Leaders who will play a major role in the continents future economic development (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Bidvest Group Limited – 2015 Recipient of the Chief Executives Award
- Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government: 2015/16 Finalist in the Corporate category of Africa’s Most Influential Women in Business and Government Awards
- Master’s in finance and Investment (Wits Business School)
- BComm Honours in Economics (Wits University)
- BSc Degree in Economics and Mathematics (Wits University)